Political Action Committee
- Candidate endorsements. Every two years, our PAC screens and endorses candidates for the State House to ensure a labor-friendly Legislature. Every four years, our PAC endorses candidates running for office in the State Senate and executive branch of Minnesota government to ensure a labor-friendly governor and lieutenant governor, state auditor, secretary of state and attorney general. The PAC follows an expedited endorsement process for incumbents seeking reelection, which references the lifetime legislative vote scores of an incumbent based on MAPE's legislative priorities. Incumbents seeking an expedited endorsement must request one from the MAPE PAC. The PAC may choose to review or withhold an expedited endorsement under special circumstances by majority vote of the PAC. Candidates seeking an endorsement screening, please contact Devin Bruce at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Impact of Redistricting. Expedited endorsements were sent out at the end of January. This year we've seen a number of pro-labor, MAPE-endorsed candidates drawn into the same districts. The PAC has determined the most fair way to go forward is to allow incumbents who received an expedited endorsement based on their lifetime vote scores, and who are running for reelection to their current legislative chamber, keep their MAPE endorsement. In accordance with the PAC's past practices and policies, no other dual endorsements will be permitted and incumbents running for a different level of office must go through the normal screening process before receiving an endorsement.
- Vote scores. The PAC scores your representatives based on how they vote on issues important to MAPE members. To see how your representatives did, go here:
MAPE PAC's vote scores for 2021 legislative session
- Count me in! A fair contract is important to me and I want to contribute to MAPE PAC. Go here: Join MAPE PAC
- Minnesota's Political Contribution Refund lets you donate to a legislative or executive branch candidate and apply for refund. The refund limited to $50 for individuals and $100 for married couples each year. To download the refund application, go here:
- All MAPE members are encouraged to help out with door knocks and phone banks as we help elect labor friendly candidates in this fall's election. Volunteers can contact Devin Bruce at email@example.com.
Saturday, October 8
MAPE PAC Door Knock HD 54A (Brad Tabke)
10:30 a.m. - 2 p.m.
275 1st Ave E
Shakopee, MN 55379
Sunday, October 9
MAPE Door Knock HD 3A (Rob Ecklund)
1 p.m. - 4 p.m.
Whiteside Park, South 7th Ave E
Ely, MN 55731
Tuesday, October 11
MAPE PAC Door Knock HD 35A (Zack Stephenson)
5 p.m. - 8 p.m.
1557 Coon Rapids Blvd. NW
Coon Rapids, MN 55433
Saturday, October 15
MAPE Super Knock 2.0
10 a.m. - 2 p.m. or 2 - 4:30 p.m.
MAPE HQ, 3460 Lexington Ave N #300
Shoreview, MN 55126
MAPE Door Knock St. Cloud (SD14)
10 a.m. - 12 p.m. or 12 p.m. - 3 p.m.
1729 W. St. Germain Street
St. Cloud, MN 56301
(MORE TO COME)
Frequently asked questions:
Paid for by the MAPE PAC.