Procedures for creating a local budget
Every Local Treasurer must create and submit a budget to the Statewide Treasurer (Finance Committee) by January 1st. It should be presented and approved by local membership prior to submission.
- Access the budget template in Excel format on the MAPE website and save to your computer.
- Cell C2 - Using your current budget and financial reports, determine if you will have a surplus carrying over into the next budget and enter that amount.
- Cells B4 & B5 - Using your current membership numbers, determine the number of members and fee payers you will have for the proposed budget. Enter these numbers in cells respectively and the income for each will be calculated.
- Cell C6 - should automatically calculate the carry over + the income.
- Enter the estimated expenses for each line item that pertains to your local. Add detail/notes in column B if necessary and dollar amounts in column C. If there is something missing from this budget, you may add a line.
- The proposed budget and estimated surplus will automatically be calculated.
The budget template has formulas built in to calculate the necessary amounts for you. All shaded boxes are where the numbers and amounts should be entered.
Contact the Statewide Treasurer or Finance Committee members for assistance.