Unallowable local expenses
Local may not engage in or expend funds on the following items:
- Purchase of alcohol.
- Paying for gambling.
- Entering into contracts on behalf of MAPE.
- Incurring indebtedness (loans) outside of MAPE Central.
- Pooling of financial resources without prior approval of the Finance Committee.
- Contributing to other union organizing activities, other than those sanctioned by the MAPE Board of Directors.
- Contributing to political individuals or organizations.
- Paying for out-of-state travel.
- Donating to any one charity in excess of $1,000 per year.
- Assessing local dues in excess of twice the amount of dues set for this purpose by the Delegate Assembly.
- Paying for attorney fees or legal settlements.
All region/local reimbursement policies must be consistent with MAPE statewide policies except where a more restrictive policy is proposed.