Article II -- Purpose
The purpose of the MAPE-PAC is to:
- Inform and educate MAPE’s membership about legislative and political issues concerning their needs as state employees.
- Screen candidates for political offices.
- Raise voluntary contributions from MAPE members.
- Set up screenings for statewide offices including sending invites, scheduling, preparing questions and determining space. The MAPE PAC will complete all tasks involving the planning and preparing of the screening(s).
- Support those candidates who are advocates and supporters of state-employed professionals. This support may be accomplished by making contributions and/or independent contributions to help elect those candidates who support the goals of MAPE and its members.
- Help draft, recommend, and lobby for legislation to further the interest of state-employed professionals.