Executive Committee minutes
August 2, 2019
Executive Committee Meeting Minutes
August 2, 2019
9:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m.
3460 Lexington Ave N, Shoreview, MN 55126
Present: Statewide President Chet Jorgenson, Statewide Vice President Thu Phan, Statewide Treasurer Todd Maki, Statewide Secretary Lynn Butcher, Political Council Chair Cathleen Cotter, Organizing Council Chair Sarah Evans, MAPE Executive Director Lina Jamoul
Meeting called to order at 9:00 a.m.
- Council Updates
- The chairs provided an update on their plans and will be added to the board agenda.
- Strategic Planning
- The committee reviewed the proposed process for updating the strategic plan, which will be shared with the board.
- Chief steward complaints
- The committee reviewed the proposed process for staff responding to direct member contacts and out of office notifications, which will be shared with the board.
- Updating Hiring Policy & hiring timeline
- The committee set dates for resume review and interviews.
- Relationship building (EXE/BOD)
- The committee discussed the importance of building personal connections as well as planning the content for executive and BOD meetings.
- BOD Finance Workgroup update
- The committee discussed the process for submitting lost time and committee expenses.
- New Officer Training
- The committee discussed New Officer Training scheduled for August 23 at the MAPE office.
- Steward Summit update
- The committee discussed timelines and proposed content. The date set for this event is October 25.
- Special Elections update
- The committee reviewed local and statewide special elections and discussed locals that do not have someone running for a vacant office.
- Drip campaign for new hires
- Communications staff will present the plan at the board meeting.
- BOD Agenda
- BOD staff reports
- Proposed changes will be presented to the board.
- Discussed updates on staffing and coverage needs.
- MULP – the Minnesota Union Leadership Program hosted by the U of M.
- MAPE members applied directly to MULP for selection, and because of a misunderstanding on the part of LES of MAPE process, MAPE agreed to cover the out of pocket expense of LES so that two members could attend.
Meeting adjourned at 3 pm.
September EXE: OPEIU Meet and Confer, Delegate Assembly 2019 & 2020