Telework, texting and teamwork are preparation for contract opener

Publish Date

The Negotiations Team met last week for one of its final meetings before negotiators begin bargaining the 2025-2027 contract with MMB on April 15.  

“Governor Walz’s recent announcement on our telework policy has underscored how important it is to not only push on this policy, but to strengthen our contract so the governor cannot take away more of our rights,” Negotiations Co-Chair Sean McIntyre said.  

On March 25, the governor announced a new Return to Office (RTO) order requiring state workers to be back in the office at least 50 percent of the time beginning June 1. Many negotiators met with hundreds of their colleagues at the governor’s residence last Saturday to push back against unilateral changes to our working conditions. 

“Our power is building, and the energy is abuzz right now. Our membership is bumping up, and there is record attendance at regional townhalls. This gives us the opportunity to push as hard as we can for the best possible contract,” Negotiations Co-Chair Carolyn Murphy said.  

Negotiators launched a new text campaign and discussed future escalation plans. Be on the lookout for notice about plans in your area when negotiations begin on April 15.  

 

Upcoming Meetings 

April 3: Contract Action Teams 12 p.m. and 5 p.m. 

April 15: Negotiations Opener Actions 

April 17: Negotiations Townhall at 12 p.m.