Board of Directors Revision Date: 6/18/2010, 6/19/2015
Summary: Membership Committee mission and goals.
To promote membership by organizing local membership secretaries/committees, coordinating recruitment efforts and education.
Goals, tasks, deliverables:
- Implement plan for personal contact in recruiting all fee payers, new hires, transfers, and associate members.
- Improve communication between local membership secretaries/committees, the 2nd Vice President and MAPE Central.
- Increase MAPE visibility at the work site (MAPE bulletin boards, events, etc.)
- Develop and conduct comprehensive membership campaign at least biennially (every other year).
- Support the continuous recruitment and organizing efforts by the locals.
- Promote benefits of membership to fee payers and members.
- Coordinate MAPE scholarships.
As chair of the membership committee, the 2nd Vice President shall work closely with MAPE staff to:
- Coordinate reporting to local membership secretaries/committees each biweekly update from the state on new hires, transfers, and membership percentages.
- Update/revise membership cards (paper and electronic).
- Update customized materials (paper and electronic) for new member packets as needed.
- Contribute to training and education of new officers after local elections.