MAPE Day on the Hill Training Video
Watch on MAPE's YouTube channel: https://youtu.be/mC66jcHFnWg
Join us March 26 from 8:30 a.m. to 4 p.m. as we gather at the Capitol to lobby our legislators on MAPE’s legislative priorities.
Where: State Capitol Building, 75 Rev. Dr. Martin Luther King Jr. Boulevard, St Paul.
- 8:30 a.m. Registration begins in the L’Etoile Du Nord room two floors directly below the Rotunda.
- 9:00 a.m. Day on the Hill kickoff with a special guest
- 9:00 a.m.-3:00 p.m. Legislative appointments
- 1:30-2 p.m. Joint Rally with AFSCME Council 5 in the Rotunda
Light breakfast items and lunch vouchers will be provided. Lost time and travel expenses will not be covered by the MAPE Office. Vacation or unpaid leave may be used as approved by your supervisor.
Members will be scheduled to attend 15-minute appointments with both their state representative and state senator. Staff and volunteers will make the appointments for registrants.
You don't have to be there for the entire day just to participate. Appointments will be sent out in advance, so you may come for just that portion.
Legislative talking points will cover:
- State agency budgets, including operating adjustments, increased staffing for corrections, and the full-funding request for MinnState
- H.F. 5/ S.F. 1060, the Paid Family Medical Leave Act, establishing 12 weeks of paid leave for all Minnesotans
- H.F. 13/ S.F. 200 the Equal Rights Amendment (ERA), proposing a constitutional amendment to prohibit gender-based discrimination
- Gov. Walz's bonding proposals
- H.F 1863/ S.F. 1929 a bill proposal to ensure payment of salaries to state employees in the event of a shutdown
- Price controls and transparency on life saving medications such as insulin
- Student debt relief
Specific talking points will be sent out a week in advance of scheduled appointments.
Contact Devin Bruce at email@example.com if you have any questions.