Longtime member needs donations
Exhausted vacation caring for husband
Longtime Dept. of Education employee Jacqui McKenzie needs our help. For 18 years she’s devoted her career to Education. Now she’s devoting all her time to caring for her husband, Dietrick, who recently underwent a double lung transplant.
Dietrick McKenzie was diagnosed in October 2018 with Idiopathic Pulmonary Fibrosis (IPF), a disease that causes scarring of the lungs, which makes it difficult to breathe. There is no cure for this disease. Dietrick was on 50 percent oxygen and deteriorating quickly. He received a double lung transplant on Jan. 30, 2019. Jacqui used all of her accrued leave time on numerous doctor appointments and tests before her husband’s diagnosis, as well as several hospital stays in the ICU. His recovery is long and difficult and can take up to six months.
To donate vacation time:
1) Log into the State Employee Self-Service website HERE.
2) Click on “Other Payroll.”
3) Click on “Leave donations.”
4) Click on “Input Your Leave Donations,”
5) Click on the magnifying glass next to “Reserve Bank” to open a list of names.
6) Choose Jacqui McKenzie
7) Enter the number of hours that you wish to donate.
8) Click on the yellow “Save” box.
The paper form is also available online at: http://www.mmb.state.mn.us/forms-vd