Local 802 Minutes
Sept 20, 2019
MAPE Local 802 Meeting Minutes
Date: Tuesday, July 23, 2019
Time: 12:00 – 12:55
Location: Retirement Systems of Minnesota, 1st floor Training Room
Present: President Jerry Schmitt, Vice President Anteneh Fulas, Secretary Afiya Krueger, and Business Agent Alex Erickson.
The meeting was called to order at 12:07 pm by President Jerry Schmitt.
Jerry Schmitt, President: Meeting minutes for May 21, 2019 were distributed during the meeting. No changes or comments were given by members on the meeting minutes so a motion was made to accept by Laurel Anderson and seconded by Madeline Lewis. Passed unanimously.
MAPE Day, Jerry Schmitt: August 8, 2019 from Ice Cream Social 11:30 am to 1:30 pm. MAPE meet and greet. Join us for 5-15 minutes for an ice cream social to learn more about your local 802.
New Union Steward Training, Jerry Schmitt: Encouraged volunteers to step up and become union stewards. Preferably there will be a steward for each agency within local 802.
Contract Information 2019 to 2021, Jerry Schmitt & Alex Erickson:
- The first negotiations meeting with MMB was April 4, 2019
- This has been MAPE’s most transparent process with real time tweets and posts.
- Key Contract Changes:
- Wages FY 2019 2.25% increase, FY 2020 2.5% increase.
- Health care cost include 8% increase.
- Vision Plan details are still being worked out.
- Dental Plan will cost slightly more for family coverage, but services cover more.
- Contact your agency Labor Management Committee (LMC) if interested in the Student Loan Reimbursement or Phased Retirement option
- Other notable changes include sick leave, bereavement, IT pay ranges, letters of expectation, career mapping, and temporary unclassified positions.
- See MAPE’s website for more details.
- Members must be persistent when pursuing new contract negotiated items, especially when MMB or agency discretion.
- Alex reminded members that MN legislators are important, once membership votes on contract is goes to the Subcommittee on Employee Relations (SER), which will make a recommendation to the Legislature on whether to approve the contract.
- Clarified the Student Loan Reimbursement is for participating employees currently paying student loans.
Meeting was adjourned at 12:56 pm.
Submitted by Afiya Krueger | MAPE Local 802 Secretary