Local 701 minutes
Sep 18, 2019
MAPE Local 701 Monthly Meeting
Wednesday, September 18th -2019-11:30-12:30 Centennial Office Building: Blazing Star Conference Room
Bring a colleague with you to the meeting!
Meeting called to order by Local President Dennis Billstrom at 11:32am.
1:1.:30 - 1:1.:35
11:35 - 11:40
11:40 - 11:40
11:40 - 11:45
11:45 - 1:1.:50
Thank You (lunch) - thanks to Russell Schreyer for prior meeting's lunch.
Establish Quorum - quorum established by majority raising of hands.
Attendance Sign.In Sheet - distributed .
Door Prize Slgnup - distri buted. As a reminder, the winner of the $50 monthly door prize can spend up to $450 for the next meeting's lunch.
MEMBER INFORMATION SHARING - Open Mic (1.minute per share)
Barb Clark -A reminder that November elections are coming up, and to be as involved as you can, and to vote.
- Review Minutes - Local President Dennis Billstrom asked Local Secretary AJ Van den Berghe when we can expect meeting minutes. AJ thanked everyone for their patience as he is new to the role and was unclear on the local's past practices. Going forward, the past meeting's minutes will be distributed along with the agenda for upcoming meetings so they can be reviewed in time for approval at future meetings. AJ also provided an update that he has been working with MAPE Central to determine the process to upload meeting minutes to the Local 701 webpage, where they will appear following approval in future member meetings under the "News" tab.
- President - Dennis Billstrom
- Treasurer - Ken Jackson
- Membership - Russel Schreyer - Membership meetings have been held to review existing programs & events and the need for continued participation and member outreach as ways to drive membership.
- Chief Steward - Ellena Schoop
- Regional Director - Ellena Schoop
- MAPE Business agent - Lyz Martin - Our 2019-2021 contract has been ratified by membership and has gone to Minnesota Management and Budget (MMB). It has not yet gone to the Subcommittee on Employee Relations (SER).
- Vice-President - Ajeet Yadav - On 9/17/19, Ajeet met with our Business Agent Lyz on how to move forward with re-starting the Dept. of Admin . Meet & Confer (M&C) team, and is working to develop a distribution email list to communicate with Local 701-representedAdmin employees. Listening sessions are envisioned to be held in both the Admin. Bldg. and
Centennial Office Building (COB). Expect to have more information out soon.
- Secretary - A. J. Van den Berghe
11:50 - 12:25 NEW BUSINESS
- Continue to review Resolutions for MAPE Delegate Assembly Http://www.mape.org/sites/default/files/files/2019%20MAPE%20DELEGATE%20ASSE MBLY%20RESOLUTIONS.pdf
Local President Dennis Billstrom introduced Local 701 Delegate Assembly (DA) delegates and alternates:
- Donna Anderson
- Tanya Belanger
- Dennis Billstrom
- Ken Jackson
- Kianna McBride
- Axelina Swenson
- Megan Dayton
- Ron Olsen
- Russell Schreyer
- AJ Van den Berghe
DA is this Saturday (9/21/19) at the DoubleTree Hotel in Bloomington. DA resolutions (see link above) were reviewed with membership, and straw polls were taken to gauge Local 701 membership's positions.
Resolution 1: Equal Access to Statewide Elections (p. 2-4). Straw poll to adopt entirety as-written, approved by hands-raised vote.
Resolution 2: Miscellaneous Changes and Corrections to Election Rules (p. 5-12). Straw poll to adopt entirety as-written, approved by hands-raised vote.
Resolution 3: Bylaw Changes Related to MAPE Elections (p. 13-19).
Straw poll to adopt proposed changes to Atticle VIII, Section 3. Vacancies as-written, failed by hands-raised vote.
Resolution 4: Negotiations Committee Regional Replacement by Regional Director (p. 20). Straw poll to adopt with a proposed amendment to require that any appointee must be ratified by the region's locals, approved by hands-raised vote.
Resolution 5: Non-Members (p. 21-24). Straw poll to adopt with a proposed amendment to allow non-members to attend local meetings, approved by hands-raised vote.
Resolution 6: Fee Payers (p. 25). Straw poll to adopt with a proposed amendment to use "non-members" instead of "non-paying members", approved by hands-raised vote.
Resolution 7: Remove Redundant Eligibility Requirements (p. 26-30).
Review and straw poll of this resolution skipped for meeting time constraint.
Resolution 8: Elections Eligibility Statewide Offices (p. 31-32). Review and straw poll of this resolution skipped for meeting time constraint.
Resolution 9: Lost Time Pay for Statewide President (p. 33-34). Straw poll to adopt entirety as-written, failed by hands-raised vote.
Resolution 10: Dues Relief Fund (p. 35). Review and straw poll of this resolution skipped for meeting time constraint.
12:25 - 12:25
12:25 - 12:30
Door Prize Drawing (for arranging next month's lunch) - Russell Schreyer won. Adjournment - Local President Dennis Billstrom motioned to adjourn and passed by majority consensus at 12:25pm.
Meeting minutes taken in blue text by Local Secretary AJ Van den Berghe.