Local 1301 minutes
Jul 8, 2019
Local 1301 Meeting Minutes July 8th, 2019
Anoka County WorkForce Center in Blaine Room 226
1201 89th Ave NE Blaine, MN 55434
16 members were present and business agent Caitlin Reid and regional negotiator Troy Brochardt. The meeting was called to order by Local 1301 President Truda B. at 12:02 pm. Introductions were made.
Previous minutes approved and will be on the MAPE website.
Adoption of Agenda: Christine M. made a motion to adopt the agenda with the addition of agenda items: delegate assembly, motion seconded by Cara H. and approved.
Membership is at 76% compared to 61% at this time last year.
Any ideas for membership outreach may be sent to Caitlin firstname.lastname@example.org - 651-287-9673
The communications department has put new member materials on the MAPE website.
Local 1301 Picnic has been canceled. Consider trying again next year with local 1301 and not the full region 13.
Delegate assembly. Saturday, September 21, at the Bloomington DoubleTree. 5 delegates and currently 1 alternate. If you are interested in being an alternate, contact Truda B at email@example.com
Tentative Contract update:
- Insurance, differences between AFSCME/MAPE and MMB were sticking issues. MMBs initial wage increase offer is what you see in the current tentative agreement.
- Oral reprimands are no longer kept in personnel files and will no longer be grievable.
- Letters of Expectation can be removed from a personnel file after six (6) months
- If you are not a MAPE member, join by August 9 to vote on the tentative contract
- Members will receive a special link to vote by email on August 14 and voting continues through August 26.
Regional Director Report:
The reports are on the MAPE website, search for Regional Director Report.
A vision plan is expected to be added to insurance. An RFP is being put together.
Good & Well:
Tuesday, Septemeber 17, 12:00 - 1:00 PM Hennepin Technical College
9000 Brooklyn Blvd Brooklyn Park, MN 55445 Room H-195
The door prize was drawn by Jadwiga. and won by Julie H. Meeting Adjourned 1:02 pm
Local 1301 Phil Koessler Secretary