Local 1202 minutes
Jun 12, 2019
Local 1202 Meeting Minutes
Wednesday, June 12th, 2019. 12:00 PM – 12:45 PM
Acapulco Mexican Restaurant in Stillwater
- Meeting was called to order at 12:05 pm.
- Meeting minutes from April were approved.
- President’s report (Laura Vitzthum).
A. Laura discussed progress in negotiations. Push Week rally is being held on Tuesday, June 18th at 6:00 PM at the Double Tree by Hilton in Bloomington. Laura will be attending along with Fatai Alowonle (Treasurer) and Amanda Anthony (Negotiation Representative). She encouraged other local members to attend. If you would like to carpool please contact Laura. More details can be found at the MAPE website.
B. Resolutions for the delegate assemble are due by July 5th. For help with resolution writing and the resolution template please visit the MAPE website at https://mape.org/committees/delegate-assembly-da. Resolutions may be submitted by any two members, Local and Statewide Executive Committees, Board of Directors and Board of Trustees. Submit your MAPE resolutions to firstname.lastname@example.org.
C. Elected positions for Local 1202 end June 1st. Looking for someone to serve as president of our local. Special interest in seeing if someone from Century College would like to serve on the board. The secretary position is also open to serve in our local. If you would like further information, please contact Laura at Laura.email@example.com.
- MAPE Executive Director’s Report (Lina Jamoul) was scheduled to provide an update on Negotiations, but was unable to attend.
- Region 12 Negotiations Representative’s Report (Amanda Anthony).
A. Amanda provided an update on negotiations. She indicates over 8,000 inputs were received and 5 main themes were presented to MMB proposals. 1. Wages, 2. Equity/inclusion, 3.Work Life Balance, 4. Healthy Workplace, 5. Workforce Development. They have met with MMB several times and mediation was requested. They have tentatively agreed on several proposals. These are listed on MAPE website under Contract MAPE’s 2019-2021 Contract Proposals.
B. Amanda passed out push week commitment forms to help identify individual’s commitment in attending the Push Week Rally on June 18th at 6:00 pm at the Double Tree Hilton in Bloomington.
VI. Business Agent’s Report (Dan Engelhart).
- Dan discussed Push Week next week and it is expected that they will have tentative agreement. He discussed the importance of attending the Push Week Rally on June 18th at 6:00 pm at the Double Tree by Hilton in Bloomington. He indicated to reach out if you have a compelling story that demonstrates why these proposals are necessary to be passed. If there is something missing in proposals that are important to you, please reach out. He indicates that social media is also a powerful forum that will include live updates. The MAPE website under Contract includes both MAPE and MMB contract proposals for 2019-2021.
VII. Treasurer’s Report (Fatai Alowonle).
- The balance as of the end of April is $24, 117.97.
VIII. Membership Chair’s Report (James Hegstrom).
- We have 193 members (69.98%), 81 non-members (29.24%).
IX. A motion was requested and approved for providing $300.00 towards Stillwater DOC all staff meal for memorial of the one year anniversary of Correctional Officer Joseph Gomm.
Meeting was adjourned at 12:43 pm.