Local 1202 Meeting Minutes
Oct 31st, 2019
Thursday October 31st, 2019. 12:00 PM – 12:45 PM
Davanni’s in Woodbury
- Meeting was called to order at 1210.
- Approve meeting minutes from June/ Approve meeting agenda.
A. Both approved
- President’s report (Amanda Anthony).
A. Contract Update
SER failed to meet within the 30- day window. 2019-2021 Contract goes into interim effect. Back pay expected Nov/ Dec.
Brief review of new contract/ outstanding issues or potential for movement.
B. Special Elections (Vice President/ Secretary)
Last day for nominations is today- no nominees as of yet. Voting opens on Nov. 18 and will end on Dec. 2.
C. Steward Summit/ Basic Steward training (November 22nd)
On Friday October 25, 2019 from 0830-1600 the first ever Steward Summit was held at the Doubletree Hotel in Minneapolis. During the Summit, Guest Speaker Todd Kohl, former Employee Assistance Staff, spoke about navigating conflict and challenging relationships in the workplace. Two breakout sessions throughout the day focused on Steward training, skills, tools and support. Additionally, there was a panel discussion regarding Steward representation under the ADA and the FMLA. The event was a success. Thanks to everyone who participated and who made this event happen.
D. Open Enrollment
Opens today/ closes Nov 20.
Please review your primary care/ specialty clinics for changes in tiers.
4. Business Agent’s Report (Dan Engelhart). (Unable to attend)
5. Treasurer’s Report (Fatai Alowonle).
A. The balance as of Sept 30 is $24204.72.
6. Membership Chair’s Report (James Hegstrom).
A. We have 185 members (68.2%), 83 non-members (30.6%).
B. New member recruitment efforts will increase. Discuss the possibility of being absorbed by another local if participation declines.
C. Deed (VRS) is absorbing the W. St. Paul office (new potential members).
7. Meetings will be quarterly going forward. Next meeting January 2020 (Date and Time TBD).
8. Meeting was adjourned at 1231.