Join MAPE’s Political or Organizing Council
Interested in playing a role in building a stronger union? MAPE has two presidential appointments available on both the newly created Organizing Council and Political Council. These councils are designed to help build and organize our strength and unity by focusing on all political and organizing aspects of MAPE that will ultimately strengthen our union and build upon the power of our members.
Members interested in becoming members of the Political or Organizing Council should submit letters with a detailed explanation of why they would like to participate on the council and a summary of their organizing/political experience to Beth Paris at email@example.com. Applications will be accepted through 12 p.m. on June 19, 2019. Additional questions may be directed to firstname.lastname@example.org
About the Councils:
Both statewide councils will comprise five elected members, and each council will elect a chair who will serve on the Executive Committee and Board of Directors. Both councils will create and operate under their own charters, approved by MAPE’s Board of Directors, and be accountable to MAPE leadership and community.
The Organizing Council’s purpose is to organize diverse professionals to build power and will recommend strategic direction on MAPE’s organizing, membership, engagement and political work. The council’s scope:
- Organize around key statewide and local issues, strategizing with external organizations
- Develop, implement and monitor membership recruitment and retention
- Leadership development and
- Leverage technology, communications and public relations to support membership strategies
The Political Council’s purpose is to align MAPE’s legislative priorities, member political education and legislative/political engagement. The council’s scope:
- Oversee strategy implementation while building legislative power
- Organize to build political power
- Develop media, community and public relations strategies and
- Build and engage local leaders